When I feel lost, when I’m searching for clarity or am at a crossroads I turn to questions to help me find answers. Not the answers expected of me, but my answers. My truth.
Questions shine a light in the hard to reach crevices we’ve been unable to reach or have ignored for too long and make the invisible, visible.
As a coach, questions are the tools of my trade, a powerful means to guide my clients towards their truth.
As a writer, questions are my starting point from which words roll out of me and creative ideas reveal themselves to me on paper.
In fact, in all the roles in my life, personal or work related, questions help me to be my true self and contribute my true work in the world more than just about anything else.
I wanted to share with you some of the questions I often ask myself when I want to get closer to my truth. Sometimes one is all I need to bubble clarity to the surface. On other occasions I will ponder on a few at a time or even take one a day for a series of days.
Questions require space so when you’re ready, press pause and write, draw, talk or think about your answers and see what truths reveal themselves.
- What would you do if you didn’t need anyone else’s approval but your own?
- What are you afraid to show the world?
- What would your work look like if it was an expression of your true self?
- What do I value most about myself?
- Why were you born as you and not someone else?
- When do you most feel touched by life?
- What do you have to contribute to the world?
- What would you say to the world if nobody was listening?
- What burns your soul with desire?
- What would you love to be possible in your life but you often doubt?
- What is your greatest hope for yourself?
- Where or with whom do you feel most yourself?
- What do you wish you could let go of in your life?
- What are you devoted to?
- What makes you uniquely you?
- What energises you?
- What excites you most about your life right now?
- What feels too hard in your life right now?
- What matters most to you?
- Who are the people who have meant the most in your life?
- What stops you from being yourself?
- What would it take to put yourself in the centre of your life?
- What do you care so much about you are moved to take action?
- What fascinates you?
- How could you get to know yourself more?
- What makes you lose your inhibitions?
- What is your greatest hope for the world?
- What are you most proud of in your life?
- What would it take for you to feel fulfilled?
- How committed are you to yourself?
May your answers reveal themselves to you and guide you towards more of your true self and true work in the world.
Need some further guidance on your self discovery journey? The JOM will help. The first chapter in particular is dedictaed to discovery. You can purchase yours online here.